About The Finney Injury Law Scholarship
The Finney Injury Law Scholarship empowers students who are historically underrepresented in the legal profession to pursue their educational dreams. Cost, support, and guidance are often barriers preventing smart and driven individuals from seeking higher education. Our scholarship will help a deserving student break down those barriers, accomplish their educational goals, and prepare them for a future in law.
One $2,500 scholarship award to be used towards tuition, books, housing, or LSAT course reimbursement.
- Current high school senior or enrolled college or law student who is a member of an underrepresented minority group in the legal profession. Must have enrollment agreement and student ID# to receive the scholarship award.
- Must have enrollment agreement and student ID# to receive the scholarship award.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA. Minimum 1100 SAT or 22 ACT score.
- Must have residency in one of the following counties – St. Louis City, St. Louis County, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, Madison, St. Clair, and Monroe County.
- U.S. Citizen with valid SS# or permanent residency.
- Official high school or college transcripts completed to date.
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher/professor, community leader, employer, mentor, or sponsor.
- Essay 1,500 – words or 5-8 minute video with supporting 700-word essay on the following topic:
- “Tell us about a time you overcame adversity in your life. What did you learn?”
All applications must be submitted via the website by July 31, 2020, at 11:59 pm CST.
Immediate family members, friends, or co-workers of a Finney Injury Law employee are exempt from applying for the Finney Injury Law Scholarship.
Finney Injury Law Scholarship Contact
For additional questions, email the Finney Injury Law Scholarship contact at [email protected] NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.